Madison, Wisconsin. Email: email@example.com
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Strong communication skills
- APA formatting
- Adobe Creative Suite
- documentary film experience
- WordPress experience
- Social Media management
11/2016 to present
- Communication Specialist with University Communications – Madison, WI
- developing and contributing topics that appeal towards students for the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s student newsletter, The Weekly.
- researching, conducting interviews, and writing articles for the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s newsletters, websites, and other sources.
- performing additional duties relating to the University Communications department.
09/2016 to present
- Marketing Director at The Dish Madison – Madison, WI
- Leading marketing meetings as needed; get updates from the marketing staff
- Delegating tasks to members of the marketing team and ensure every marketing team member is accomplishing their specific responsibilities
- Attending and actively contribute ideas at editorial meetings
- Planning promotional events, and work with EIC to create content calendar of tweets, Facebook accounts, etc.
07/2016 to present
- Communications Intern at Madison International Trade Association – Madison, WI
- planning social events and assisting at events with registration .
- researching for organization strategic planning and promoting group events through social media platforms.
- maintaining and expanding Twitter and LinkedIn group and interviewing and writing Member Spotlights.
- developing monthly newsletter (featuring spotlights, events, articles) and writing press releases.
01/2015 to present
- Campus News writer at The Daily Cardinal – Madison, WI
- communicated with designers, media editors and chief editors to create a cohesive Daily Cardinal voice.
- used software to manage efficient delivery and track content drafts. reviewed and edited colleagues’ written work for grammar, tone, voice and creative quality.
- developed creative ideas and concepts in partnership with the news editors.
10/2015 to present
- Contributing Editor and Writer to The Odyssey’s Madison Chapter – Madison, WI
- create original online articles every week for publication on the Odyssey Online website.
- proofread and edit content for correct grammar and coherence for the standards upheld by the Odyssey.
- collaborate with other student editors and reporters to enhance our chapter’s content product and quality.
- efficiently navigate upload articles and new content onto the website
- managing my social media accounts in order to emphasize my contributions to the Odyssey
09/2015 TO PRESENT
- AV technical classroom support at the Pyle Center – Madison, WI
- technological set ups for online or distance classrooms within the UW system or special events held within the Pyle Center.
- monitoring online/distance classrooms through an online operating system.
- troubleshooting any technological difficulties that happened in the online/distance classrooms, in the special events at the Pyle Center, or through phone if it was happening at another UW site.
01/2012 to 08/2015
- Camp Counselor and Lifeguard YMCA – Eagan, MN
- led a group each week to focused on general camp activities; like archery, outdoor cooking and survival skills.
- developed a weekly schedule of engaging activities that encouraged camper’s learning and community.
- enforced rules for behavior and monitored activities for campers.
- Upheld all CPR and Minnesota’s regulated certifications. communicated with children’s parents and guardians about daily activities, behaviors and problems.
- 2017 Bachelor of Arts: Journalism, University of Wisconsin – Madison, WI, United States
- 2017 Certificate: Digital Media Studies, University of Wisconsin – Madison, WI, United States
- Association for Women in Communications
- The Odyssey
- The Daily Cardinal
- The Dish: UW-Madison’s Food Magazine
You can also visit my linkedin profile for more details about my job positions.